Difference Between Evaluating Web and Publishing Web
Summary: Difference Between Evaluating Web and Publishing Web is Do not assume that information presented on the Web is correct or accurate. Any person, company, ororganization can publish a Web page on the Internet.
Do not assume that information presented on the Web is correct or accurate. Any person, company, ororganization can publish a Web page on the Internet. No one oversees the content of these Web pages. Guidelines for assessing the value of a Web site or Web page before relying on its content.
Before the World Wide Web, the means to share opinions and ideas with others easily and inexpensively was limited to the media, classroom, work, or social environments. Today, businesses and individuals convey information to millions of people by creating their own Web pages.
Web publishing is the development and maintenance of Web pages. To develop a Web page, you do not have to be a computer programmer. For the small business or home user, Web publishing is fairly easy as long as you have the proper tools.
The five major steps to Web publishing are as follows:
1. Plan a Web site: Think about issues that could affect the design of the Web site.
2. Analyze and design a Web site: Design the layout of elements of the Website such as links, text, graphics, animation, audio, video, and virtual reality.
3. Create a Website: Use a word processing program to create basic Web pages or Web page authoring software to create more sophisticated Websites.
4. Deploy a Web site: Transfer the Web pages from your computer to a Web server.
5. Maintain a Website: Ensure the Website contents remain current and all links work properly.