Italian food is very popular in the world but most of the dished that are often thought of as Italian come from America. Some of these are pasta, pizza, and tomato sauce. To make the food tastier, different sauces are added to it.
Marinara sauce is used often in cooking as it adds a distinct flavor to the food. Similarly, spaghetti sauce is also added, mainly to spaghetti, as the name indicates. Most of the times, these two names are used interchangeably but there is some difference. The difference between marinara and spaghetti sauce is that marinara does not contain chicken or cheese like spaghetti sauce does.
Marinara Sauce: History and Recipes.
Marinara sauce is made up of tomatoes, herbs, onions are garlic. There are many variations, depending on which region of the world you live in. In different cuisines, this sauce is made differently. In some parts of the world, wine and olives are also added to the sauce. There is a little difference between the American version and the Italian version. This difference is in terms of consistency.
While American marinara is thick in consistency, Italian sauce is thinner. To make some variations in the sauce, you can add many things in the sauce except meat or cheese. When you add anchovies or meat in the sauce, it becomes spaghetti sauce. Whichever sauce you want to add to your dish depends on the taste and texture you want. If you want to accent or dish, you can use marinara sauce. This sauce is also used by people who want to keep the recipe vegan.
Spaghetti Sauce: History and Recipes.
Spaghetti sauce is different from marinara sauce in terms of texture, taste and its ingredients. Both of the sauces can be used in past, for flavor. While marinara sauce does not contain meat, cheese or anchovies, Spaghetti sauce contains these ingredients. So, if you want the taste of meat or cheese in your dish, you can add Spaghetti sauce. Another identification of Spaghetti sauce is that it is thicker as compared to marinara sauce.
For plain pasta, spaghetti sauce is the best but if seafood is being added to the dish, the marinara sauce really brings out the flavor. If you want to make Spaghetti sauce, it will take you a long time since you have to cook the meat and let the mixture simmer for some time.
Summary of Difference Between Marinara and Spaghetti Sauce:
- The difference between marinara and spaghetti sauce is that marinara does not contain meat or cheese while spaghetti sauce does.
- It takes longer to cook spaghetti sauce than it does to make marinara.
- Another difference between marinara and spaghetti sauce is that marinara is thin and runny in texture while spaghetti sauce is thicker.
- The marinara was used by fishermen to put on the fish that they just caught for food.
- To accent the dish, marinara can be used while spaghetti sauce is used when a distinct flavor is needed.
- Both of them can be put on pasta but marinara is great for when you put seafood in pasta.