Cloud Storage vs Cloud Backup
Summary: Difference Between Cloud Storage and Cloud Backup is that Cloud storage is an Internet service that provides hard disk storage to computer users. Types of services offered by cloud storage providers vary. While Cloud backup also known as Online backup is a way of storing data or backing up that data to a Cloud Server. Saving your data by copying it and sending it to a Cloud Server.
Some users choose cloud storage instead of storing data locally on a hard disk or other media. Cloud storage is an Internet service that provides hard disk storage to computer users. Types of services offered by cloud storage providers vary. Fee arrangements vary. For example, one cloud storage service provides 25 GB of storage free to registered users; another charges $5 per month for 150 GB of storage. For enterprises, cloud storage services typically charge for storage on a per gigabyte basis, such as 15 cents per gigabyte.
Users subscribe to a cloud storage service for a variety of reasons:
- To access files on the Internet from any computer or device that has Internet access.
- To allow others to access their files on the Internet so that others can listen to an audio file, watch a video clip, or view a photo — instead of e-mailing the file to them.
- To view time-critical data and images immediately while away from the main office or location; for example, doctors can view X-ray images from another hospital, home, or office.
- To store offsite backups of data.
- To provide data center functions, relieving enterprises of this task.
Cloud backup also known as Online backup is a way of storing data or backing up that data to a Cloud Server. Saving your data by copying it and sending it to a Cloud Server. The server usually hosted by a third party service provider, company who provides cloud server to users to store their data charge a fee every month or yearly. They charge fee according to the storage capacity user need, it can be in bandwidth or number of users. They are built mostly around a Client Software Application that is scheduled which can be determined according to the level of the purchase. User can schedule to backup after every 24 hours, it will backup the data after 24 hours. User can also Schedule it to weekly or monthly.