Cell vs Tissue
Summary: Difference Between Cell and Tissue is that cell is the smallest unit that has all the characteristics of life. Cell is defined as the structural and functional unit of the living body. While Tissue is defined as the group of cells having similar function.
All the living things are composed of cells. A single cell is the smallest unit that has all the characteristics of life. Cell is defined as the structural and functional unit of the living body.
General Characteristics of Cell
- Each cell in the body:
- Needs nutrition and oxygen.
- Produces its own energy necessary for its growth, repair and other activities.
- Eliminates carbon dioxide and other metabolic wastes 4. Maintains the medium, i.e. the environment for its survival.
- Shows immediate response to the entry of invaders like bacteria or toxic substances into the body.
- Reproduces by division. There are some exceptions like neuron, which do not reproduce.
Structure Of The Cell
Each cell is formed by a cell body and a membrane covering the cell body called the cell membrane. Cell body has two parts, namely nucleus and cytoplasm surrounding the nucleus. Thus, the structure of the cell is studied under three headings:
- Cell membrane
Tissue is defined as the group of cells having similar function. There are many types of tissues in the body. All the tissues are classified into four major types which are called the primary tissues. The primary tissues include:
- Muscle tissue (skeletal muscle, smooth muscle and cardiac muscle)
- Nervous tissue (neurons and supporting cells)
- Epithelial tissue (squamous, columnar and cuboidal epithelial cells)
- Connective tissue (connective tissue proper, cartilage, bone and blood).
Muscle mass or muscle tissue is made up of a large number of individual muscle cells or myocytes. The muscle cells are commonly called muscle fibers because these cells are long and slender in appearance. Skeletal muscle fibers are multinucleated and are arranged parallel to one another with some connective tissue in between.
Difference Between Tissue and Organ
Difference Between Organ and Organ System
Difference Between Dentin and Alveolar Bone
Difference Between Enamel and Cementum
What is the Difference Between Alzheimer’s and Dementia
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.